OUR FAMILY

OUR FAMILY

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

14 WEEKS!!!!

Yesterday was my 14 week check up. As I stepped on the scale so the nurse could see how much weight I have gained, I asked her not to tell me how much. I really wasnt interested in knowing. The Doc comes in measures my belly and we listen to the heartbeat. Everything was perfect. Good heartbeat and measuring exactly 14 weeks. The Doc asked If I had any questions. I wanted to know if in 3 weeks when they do the ultrasound if we would be able to know what we are having. She said " If she opens her legs and cooperates" I thought to myself, she said "SHE" I havent had any feeling on what I am having and most people tell me they just know, but not me. I lean towards a girl only because my family and everyone I work with thinks it is a girl. The hammonds think it is a boy. Who knows, I will be happy with a healthy boy or girl. So back to my story about the weight thing. The Doc says well one thing I noticed. I sat there a little nervous on what she was going to say...... You gained 3lbs too much this month. I thought wow what the nerve. I have an over weight doctor who just told me I gained 3lbs too much when the only thing that makes me not puke is eating. This is the time I should be gaining weight, what was her excuse. Haha now that I have calmed down alot, I am making up my own excuses. I just ate a big lunch, I was weighed with all my clothes on, and I drink a ton of water through the day. Do doctors not understand that their patients have feelings too and pregnant women are very emotional anyway. They need to think before they speak.
Other than my lowered self-estem yesterday, not much has been happening. I am still a little sick and sleepy but it is getting better day by day. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be back to normal. I think I will start cutting my hours back at work. The dental office isnt all that busy and it would be a great time to do it. Max is busy with work and is graduating his first class this week. I am so proud of him. He works really hard and is very good with the students. We have given up on the house thing for now and are still thinking about moving on base.
We got back from Utah 2 weeks ago. We always miss home so much everytime we get back. It is hard to be away from friends and family. The golf tournamnet was a lot of fun. We took 4th place and shot 4 under par. The canyon was a blast but Max learned that I am not much of a camper (even though we didnt have to rough it) I get allergies and need a shower or bath daily. We went on a hike with all the little kids and a few adults. I was in the middle of the group. As I was walking on the trail I saw a rattlesnake sitting there. I screamed and ran away. My father-in-law was my hero. He found the snake trying to get away and killed it for me. I hate hate hate snakes. They are so gross and mean looking. We were so lucky that none of the little ones had to meet that snake face to face.
We have had a great couple of weeks. 4 months has gone by really fast. We are exciting for 3 weeks to find out what we are having!!!!!

No comments: